Recruitment of Mentors & Mentees
Track and recruit contacts potentially interested in mentoring youth or being mentored using the Contact Relationship Management (CRM) features of our software including:
- Send out mass emails from your own email address.
- Create mailings, labels and envelopes using integrated mail merge.
- Integration with Constant Contact.
- Identify top prospects using flexible labeling of records.
Screening of Mentors & Mentees
Implement your own mentor and mentee screening processes:
- Customize your process steps for each program in your organization.
- Easily search for mentors or mentees who have not yet completed a specific process step.
- Receive automated reminders on your dashboard to follow-up on mentor reference checks.
- Enter & view process step history any time including the dates each step was completed.
- Upload and attach digital copies of applications, background checks, and documents to mentee and mentor records.
Enter training hours for mentors in the activities area of each mentor's record:
- Enter both pre-match and post-match training hours for mentors in your program.
- Report on the number of hours of pre-match, in-person training mentors receive as well as the types of training and more.
Match mentors and mentees in one-to-one or group mentoring relationships based on program goals and characteristics of the mentors and mentees.
- Enroll mentors and mentees in the appropriate programs--our software supports multiple programs allowing you to differentiate between your site-based, group, one-to-one, school-based and other types of programs within your organization.
- Easily search for mentors and mentees based on location, interests, age, gender, preferences, etc.
- Enter the initial meeting and label it as such for future reference.
Monitoring & Supporting Matches
Monitoring and supporting mentoring matches is a primary function of our software which includes many features:
- Receive automated match follow-up reminders to contact mentors, mentees and mentee guardians according to the schedule you choose to implement.
- Enter communication and case notes related to mentors and mentees.
- Record all mentor-mentee contacts including mentoring hours and group activities entering the date, length and nature of each contact.
- Collect survey results from mentors and mentees for an in depth assessment of mentor and mentee relationships.
- Track post-match training hours for mentors in your program.
- NEW: Invite mentors to report their mentoring activities directly into the software via the Mentor Portal.
Match Closure Procedures
- Track who initiated the match closure and why as well as marking it as early termination.
- Our software automatically prompts you with choices after match closure including setting the mentor or mentee back to waiting for re-match or inactivating them from the program.
For more information on evidence-based mentoring, please see the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring page on MENTOR's website.